Monday, February 26, 2007

Jan 28 07 - Reversed into a pole near my house

February 25 07 - Drove straight into a divider on a dark road

The first accident, I felt the most. Being a somewhat careful (albeit a little reckless at times - okay okay i just contradicted myself) i've never gotten into any accidents since year 2000. Reversing right into a pole JUST in front of my apartments made me feel stupid. But then i thought, whatever, it might be painful to look at but i can afford to fix it.

Come 28 days later (with the damage still not repaired) i neglected to look right in front of me while turning out of a dark junction. My car got a little too friendly with a rock hard divider. The damage was worse than the first accident. Bumper fell off, chasis damaged, lights gone. The engine made a funny whirring noise. Funny thing is, i felt no heartache as i looked at the car. Smiling, i looked back at a friend behind me and said 'holy shit, how'd i manage to do THAT??'

Depression came much later, when i realised i had to fork out at least rm2k to get it repaired.

lesson of the day? do NOT talk on your mobile while you're driving. unless you're a kick-ass drummer (kick-ass drummers can multi-task faster than Windows Vista so it's perfectly acceptable for them to drive holding a cigarette in one hand and using the mobile with the other)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home