Thursday, December 28, 2006

ever heard of murphy's law?

i recently found myself knee deep in financial shit (2 birthdays, a wedding and christmas gifts can kill anyone). after buying dinner and gifts, i realised that giving the obligatory ang pow for the wedding would leave me with just enough money to feed my car and absolutely nothing to feed me. with the salary only coming out next week, how the heck am i supposed to survive?

lucky for me, in the absence of a second job, there was poker. four consecutive nights of poker in a row (prior to the wedding) made me enough money to get through the week without having to make soup with my shoe.

unluckily for me, rm30 from my winnings (made about RM90) had to go to some cop for pulling me over (i wasn't wearing a seatbelt) when i was on the way to the wedding. i stuffed about rm50 in the ang pow and i fed my car. went to a friend's party after the wedding for another poker session. made another RM20.

'Gee' i thought to myself. 'i made enough money to buy myself an expensive dinner AND to last me the entire week'

So i bought myself an expensive dinner (which i don't think i'll do again anytime soon because i figure it'll only come outta my ass) and slept happily throughout the night, proud of the fact that i turned my financial matters around through gambling.

the next day, my car battery died.

after replacing it, i'm back to square one AND i went into debt. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how i will end my story about life, the universe and murphy's freakin law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home